[NTLK] Courier Help!!!

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 04:43:11 PDT

Hi everyone,
    I have been through the archive and haven't found a solution to my
problem, so here it is. Please send me answers off list if you prefer.
    I have a 2100 with a Farallon ehternet card. I have NIE 2.0,
Courier, Farallon Enet, Internet Setup, ISP Templates, Newton Devices,
Newton Internet, NHttpLib 3.0.1, NIE Ethernet and NTox installed (all of
which are the latest versions, downloaded and installed last week after
a brain wipe). I have Internet Setup configured to DHCP server and I
have a cable modem.
    When I open Courier and try to connect to the internet I get the
slip telling me that the Newton is loading the DHCP protocol and after
about thirty seconds the slip disappears and a second or two later all
activity in the Farallon hub stops. No connection, no internet, no joy!
    I have tried loading ethernet packages with and without the card in
the slot. I have reset the Newton while the ethenet card in in and
connected to the cable modem. What is going on? Am I missing a package
or something? I have been dying to get Courier working for weeks with no
success and I can't think of anything else I can do.

Any and all help or suggestions,

Thomas

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html