Re: [NTLK] Simplemail sending problems...

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 02:30:41 PDT

Hi Mathew,

I have 2 suggestions:

1) Remove Simplemail and try a different email
program. I have found EnRoute to be very good. It's
available on UNNA. Simplemail did not let me access
mail on .Mac, but I have no problems when using
EnRoute. Perhaps Simplemail has the same issue with
your email server.

2) I also use a Netgear wireless router, the MR814,
and I found I couldn't send mail until I set the SMTP
address in the Newton to my Internet Provider's SMTP
address, NOT my mail server's.

You will probably need to try both suggestions
together to see if you have any success.

Hope this helps

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html