Re: [NTLK] A Close call how to spot an Ebay Scammer - The Aussie Idiot's Guide

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 03:41:00 PST

The tip off here is that the seller asked for only a wire transfer
instead of PayPal or a credit card. The latter two would have protected
you from fraud as the merchant is usually considered at fault for any
problems in a transaction. Ebay was doing its job by notifying you of the
potential for problems. I'm sure they also found the backdoor that this
guy used to crack the system and plugged it up by now.

Mark

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net