Re: [NTLK] Proxim RangeLan2 7520 Access Point Configuration Help needed

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 05:08:07 PST

glen wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but it doesn't help my situation much. As I have
> seen those references in the past, the instructions for the Newton side
> seem to do the trick, however. But, on the Windoze side, they refer
> to the "Symphony" product line of Proxim and I am trying to configure
> one of their commercial access points, a RangeLan2 7520. I just can't
> seem to get my old laptop, Running M$ Windows 3.1 to talk to it over a
> null modem cable in terminal mode.

I can't help you specifically with the 7520, but I can give you "Victor's
quick and dirty guide to communicating over the serial port":

-If you don't have the right bps rate set, you won't see anything. What bps
rate does the documentation say to use?

-If you don't have the right flow control type set, you won't see anything.
it should be either hardware (CTS/RTS) or software (Xon/Xoff), or neither, and
never both. What does the documentation say to use?

You shoul dbe changing these settings in the connection profile in
HyperTerminal or whatever you're using. Don't modify the port settings
directly from the Control Panel in Windows.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html