Re: [NTLK] Adhoc wireless - Newton & PC Laptop (or otherwise)

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 08:45:54 PDT

Ad-Hoc is a very specific situation where none of the cards involved in
the Ad-Hoc network are considered 'base-stations'. As soon as you have
a AirPort base station, any other 802.11b wireless hub, *or a machine
pretending to be a hub* i.e. Apple's "Software Base Station", you
should be running in Infrastructure mode. I *think* the same applies to
your situation, if you're configuring the laptop to work like a
software base station.

(Corrections to the above happily welcomed...)

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html