Re: [NTLK] Adhoc wireless - Newton & PC Laptop (or otherwise)

From: Jim Siburt (jsiburt_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 08:40:59 PDT

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 11:20 AM, Blair Rosser wrote:
> When you say, use the card settings and not Internet Setup, what do you
> mean? Is this on the Newt side?

When the card is inserted or on restart the setup window appears. Click
setup and enter the information. I am using the following:

Mode ; Infrastructure
Channel: (Ignored)
SSID: The name of your wireless access point. (Or possible your
computer if it is acting as a base station. I am not sure about WInXP)
Web Key: If using, which I am, then enter the information.
I also have Use card for Appletalk checked on the first window.

> I configured Owner Info (according to Hiroshi's site), and configured a
> new Internet "wireless" setup for the Newt - one that uses the Proxim
> card, and can be configured for manual or DHCP. Should I be setting
> this
> config info somewhere else?

In internet setup this is all I configured:

Configuration: DHCP server
Card: Proxim OEM
Domain Name: (Your Base Station name)

I hope that helps,