[NTLK] Classic Appletalk under Mac OS 10.3? This is wierd!

From: Paul Vaughan (paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 06:20:48 PST

Since my last post I've been playing around with
Network prefs, and the chooser.

I've found that while the eMac is connected to my
router, then Appletalk is turned on in Classic, but as
soon as I switch ethernet cables to connect the Newt,
it turns off, and won't turn on again. If I plug the
router in again, on comes Appletalk.

I'm using straight through cable for the router, and
crossover for the Newt. But even when I switched
cables, same result; Appletalk doesn't appear to
recognise the Newt as being on the network.

I know the Newt and card work as I've been connecting
with ethernet for over a year to a different Mac under
10.1 and 10.2.

Any help much appreciated

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html