Re: [NTLK] Engineering Software

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 23:42:54 PDT

* Matt Janeczek <MJJ14_at_aol.com> [25 May 2003 18:55]:
> In case I haven't told any of you, I am a 20 year old college student
> studying to be a chemical engineer. I use my Newt for the general PIM
> stuff,keeping track of assignments and meetings, etc. Do any of you know of
> some good engineering packages I could find or purchase for the Newt? In
> case you don't know, a chemical engineer would most likely need a good unit
> conversion tool (calories to BTU's, pounds to kilograms, etc) as well as
> someproperty tables (steam tables, specific heat tables, etc). I have
> searched on many sites, and haven't found anything too promising. I would
> LOVE to show off my Newton to some of my buddies working on a lab project or
> whatnot. Thanks for you input!

Hi, I'm a 25 year old chemical engineering graduate. I haven't found
any of the software you mention, and was thinking of trying my hand at
newton programming by making a program to do steam table calculation :-)

I just need to get basilisk talking to my newt so I can run the newt
devel environment.

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project