[NTLK] OT - Off Topic - A signature

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 16:47:12 PDT

>You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the
>best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is
>accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Must indeed be a very crazy world already. Considering the fact that
the relationship between ours and the US of A's head of state is
kind of freezing lately because Germany wasn't exactly
eager to fight in Iraq whereas the US was, well, ...

Sorry, folks. There is no "Germany" that goes to war. People go
to war. I won't. I promise. Neither of the world wars was my fault.
I didn't participate in either one. Nor did my parents.
I wasn't even born when the second one ended. Since then Germany
has always successfully wriggled out of anything that would have
required
using weapons abroad. I'm fed up with being seen as a member of a
race that eagerly awaits being allowed to fight again. Even if it
is in a signature that is supposed to be funny. Which, in my humble
and admittedly unimportant opinion, it isn't.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html