[NTLK] Hard reset

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 16:47:12 PDT

> How do I erase all the data on it and start from fresh ground ? Is
there a
> way to bring it back to ''Factory Default'' ?

A hard reset brings it nearly back to Factory Default, but not fully,
unless
you haven't installed a single system update yet. These are persistent
on a
2x00 type MessagePad. There are some weird ways to make the Newton fall
back
to real factory defaults by putting in another ROM (for example from an
eMate)
and put the original ROM back in afterwards, but this is not an
"official"
way. Many would be interested if such an official way existed.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html