Re: [NTLK] Tips on importing database to the Newton

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 13:17:27 PST

On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 19:37 Europe/Rome, Gregory J. Wayman wrote:
> Well no, because he still sells and most importantly supports Leverage.
> http://www.balconessoftware.com/

I tried to contact him because I always get a message that the demo has
expired and also about the connection to the Mac (doesn't work with
serial too) , but he didn't answer yet :-(
Do you know if he usually answer to enquiry or when I can find more
info about Leverage?

By the way I have been able to connect Notion to the Titanium ( thanks
to the guys who sent me Notion Connect!!!) and I am trying to import my
databases.
Notion is nice, but Leverage seems interesting too.
I would ask you another question about database import...
First I made a new document in Notion reflecting the layout of the
FileMaker database
After I exported the FileMaker Pro database as comma-delimitated text
and imported it in Notion.
I got almost every record imported in the right way, but some were
missing or they were just imported as they were one field...
Do you think I am doing some mistakes or is it a problem of
comma-delimitated text?

Thanks for all your support and for keeping alive and wealthy the
Newton :-)

Bye,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html