Re: [NTLK] OT kallisys?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 12:01:48 PST

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 09:43 AM, Lou Forlini wrote:

> At 11:06 AM -0600 3/20/03, Nathan Turnage wrote:
>> Hey, guys, I don't want to sound naive, but I just saw on Chuma that
>> kallisys closed down. Er, what is/was kallisys? I agree with their
>> objections to the colonization of Iraq, but why would kallisys be
>> affected, and what does it mean to the rest of us?
>
> I've pretty much had enough of Europeans and their continual
> crying about how America has no right to defend ourselves. These are
> the same people who refused to stop Hitler. So now I've started the
> thread and ended it all in one message.
>
> I can tell you right now that what Victor and Paul are doing is
> going to accomplish nothing but to poison the community of this list.

I respect and agree with Paul's decision. It's important that we
realize how trivial our little techno fun is while people are losing
there loved ones due to the ignorance and violence of a few men, who
happen to be our leaders.

I also feel that the Europeans have a much better sense of what war
really means to people on the ground, having suffered the bombings and
deaths and continued psychological effects of generations destroyed by
murderous conflict.

Americans (I am one) have never really experienced war the way europe
has, although I still have a sense that most Americans do not agree
with George Bush in his current adventurism.

I am a first generation american and a child of 2 holocaust survivors,
so I understand and appreciate the fact that without the American
military, I would not be here.

Yet, I cannot agree with Bush's new doctrine of pre-emptive attack.

Ultimately the American system of law depends on peoples actions, not
there potential actions. In Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness,
it's no coincidence that life comes first.

We have embarked on a very dangerous new course, and can only hope that
it will not go awry.

I am not religious per se, but I hope and pray that the madness of
bombing and shooting will cease, and that survivors will somehow be
able to forgive, and that our men and women in uniform can come home,
and we can live in peace with our neighbors.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html