Re: [NTLK] DelValDiscount%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;E16040DB-C284-11D6-BE70-003065C7C1F6@comcast.net>

From: Mike Wilkes (mkwilkes_at_attbi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 23:24:33 PST

On 2/9/03, I ordered a Newton power adapter from Delvaldiscount that
was advertised as eMate compatible. It wasn't. After attempting to
charge it for 24 hours, a message appeared on the screen saying the
adapter was providing too much power and couldn't charge it. I have
been experiencing power problems with the eMate ever since.

I returned the adapter for a refund nearly 3 weeks ago and he says he
never received it. Still waiting. I used his return address label as
the shipping label.

His email is slow, very brief, and only in response to repeated
questions. I just today coaxed a first name out of him. He offers no
last name even in his eBay profile, just David K. His phone #
267-252-8712 doesn't come up under 411 or the white pages.

Although he has a 96% positive rating, look carefully at all the
neutrals and complaints. With rare exception, it is always the
customers fault.

I wish I'd read ALL his feedback before purchasing. On difficult sales,
a pattern of sloppy, defensive service emerges. My $70 eMate is no
longer reliable enough to use in my classroom. My students are pretty
disappointed.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html