Re: [NTLK] Repair or replace 2100?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 23:24:43 PST

John,

The Newt is a rather robust device.
The eject buttons act purely mechanical in order to eject the PCMCIA cards.
The main point is if the slots are ok, that means if the PCMCIA card works
perfect in that slot.
If so, you have a purely mechanic problem which is easy to solve by opening
the Newt and replacing the eject mechanism. In this case a replacement of
the complete logic board is not necessary.
Regarding the rattling noise: since the eject button is a plastic piece it
does not harm the Newt if loose or broken and rattling inside the Newt.

Regards
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html