Re: [NTLK] Revisiting that old idea: Build our own Newton

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 01:49:58 PST

Hi,

This thread keeps coming back doesn't it ;-)

I too would love to have a new Newton, smaller, faster, lighter. But I'm
afraid it won't happen. Apple don't want to and an amateur project would be
too much work, too expensive and open to legal difficulties.

If someone wants a project... How about a PC keyboard dongle. So that you
could use any PC keyboard with a Newt. PC keyboards are cheap, common and
available in a variety of form factors - desktop, portable, roll-up etc.

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html