[NTLK] Handwriting recognition help

From: Karl and Kathleen Prihoda (kapri_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 08:57:45 EST

Help please!
I am new to the Newton and this forum. I just bought a Newton 2000
from a well liked vendor here that had a "slight misalignment with the
stylus that did not affect the overall use". Unfortunately it REALLY
affects the overall use, making it almost unable to accept handwriting.
  I saw the earlier post and ran a business card along the edge and then
did all of the resets, with no luck.

The problem is very odd. Sometimes the letters just come out very
squiggly. I can draw a straight line and it will wander. Other times,
as I am writing a word, some letters will just register as a squiggle
as well. I'm sorry that I cannot explain it a little better.

Does anyone have ANY ideas or solutions? I called the vendor back and
was told to replace the screen, for more than I paid for the unit!

Thanks,

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html