Re: [NTLK] Door clips

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 09:12:58 EST

> If you open up the case you should have an easy time reinserting the clip.
> Opening the case is nerve-racking the first time but not actually difficult.

You needn't open the case to insert the clip if there are no broken-off parts
remaining inside the case. The way you describe things, though, I would bet that
there are and that your clip is defective although it looks ok. It is practically impossible
to remove the clip by throwing the Newton around. It is in fact fairly difficult even
if you have the bottom case part off and you know what you are doing.
The clips have two snaps, the whole shebang looks somewhat like that (you
will need to set your font to something monospaced like Courier to view
this in all its beauty):

          ---\ /---
        +---+ | +--+ | +---+
       | C L I P |

Everything labeled "A" is part of the case.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html