Re: [NTLK] (near) Future Newt Owner - Orinoco Silver/Turbo???

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 15:52:47 EST

The link below isn't working - but:

I have a Turbo 11 Silver Lucent Orinoco card which has on the front:
IEEE802.11 compliant logo
WaveLAN with rainbow wave underneath
Turbo 11Mb underneath that in italics
SILVER on the side, close to where the connector is.

on the back it has all the codes, the ones of interest are:
PC24E-H-FC
P/N: 012372B
and maybe T/N: 00805209
on the bottom of the sticker, 5V and 16 are ticked, I guess the 16 means =
'16=20
bit'?

This card is working very well.

Best regards,
Chris

On Friday 17 January 2003 14:40, Adam Klaum wrote:
> Well I just took the plunge and ordered a 2000U from J&K Sales. In cas=
> anyone is wondering the guy I talked to was great and so far the
> transaction has been great. I will keep the list posted on the quality=
 of
> the unit when it arrives and how it all plays out.
>
> I want to do it deluxe and get my new Newt running wireless as soon as =
> can. To that end I am purchasing a wireless card today. However, there=
 is
> a bit of difference in the name of the card I am getting, and the one o=
> Hiroshi's site. I wondered if anyone has any input on whether these car=
ds
> are the same and if the one I want will work. The name of the card is:
>
> LUCENT ORINOCO TURBO 11 SILVER WIRELESS PCCARD NIC
>
> It is at the following link if that helps.
>
> http://www.emscomputing.com/ProductInfo.asp?guidProduct=3D{9ED70C11-D03=
C-4044