[NTLK] (near) Future Newt Owner - Orinoco Silver/Turbo???

From: Adam Klaum (aklaum_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 14:40:17 EST

Well I just took the plunge and ordered a 2000U from J&K Sales. In case anyone
is wondering the guy I talked to was great and so far the transaction has been
great. I will keep the list posted on the quality of the unit when it arrives
and how it all plays out.

I want to do it deluxe and get my new Newt running wireless as soon as I can.
To that end I am purchasing a wireless card today. However, there is a bit of
difference in the name of the card I am getting, and the one on Hiroshi's site.
 I wondered if anyone has any input on whether these cards are the same and if
the one I want will work. The name of the card is:

LUCENT ORINOCO TURBO 11 SILVER WIRELESS PCCARD NIC

It is at the following link if that helps.

http://www.emscomputing.com/ProductInfo.asp?guidProduct={9ED70C11-D03C-4044-B027-5482262CE765}&guidSession={21DF18D2-57D0-4D23-824A-ABD4A6703985}

Hiroshi lists:

Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE Turbo Silver

and

Lucent Orinoco Silver

Any ideas if the card I want is the same as either of these?

Thanks.