[NTLK] Paul Guyot

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 21:12:22 PST

Kudos to Paul Guyot who, after my unfortunate adventure with my 2100 this
afternoon, sent me a nice little package that got rid of the password
protection that is displayed when the Newton is restarted. With this little
package, I was able to access the Dock and perform a backup with my broken
screen so I was able to restore the backup on my spare 2100 and I'm back in
business.

So, the morale of this story is don't trust that PIN screen too much. With
almost a single line of code, you can just disable it...

Again, kudos to Paul!

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html