[NTLK] problem syncing Newton with Palm

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 19:50:13 PST

Hi all:

I'm trying to sync my MP2100 with Palm using the Claris Organizer 2.0
file in the Intellilink folder inside the Newton Connection Utilities
folder (on an iMac 333 MhZ running 9.2.2). This is what I did:

1-made a copy of the Claris Organizer 2.0 file
2-under NCU Synchronization Preferences, selected the copy file to
sync with Names, Dates, Notepad, etc.
3--selected synchronize
4--operation begins, then I get the following error message: The
operation was not completed because the following error has occurred:
Unable to access file. Verify that the file is closed, you have
enough disk space, and that the device is not write-locked.
5--when I use Palm Desktop to open the Claris 2.0 copy file,
everything is empty.

I don't find the error message to be of much help :-) as I'm unsure
if it's referring to a file on the Newton or the Palm side. Am I
missing something obvious? My Newton would be much more useful to me
if I could get all my Palm Desktop 4.0 stuff into it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html