Re: [NTLK] problem syncing Newton with Palm

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 20:26:33 PST

On 2/16/03 at 9:50 PM -0600, Jeff Abbott wrote :

>My Newton would be much more useful to me
>if I could get all my Palm Desktop 4.0 stuff into it.

I think you can. I just synchronized my Newton 2100 with Palm Desktop
application version 2.6.3. on a original iBook.

One thing I found is you have to quit completely the Palm Desktop app
so it doesn't block access by the NCU app (you may think Palm Desktop
doesn't have the file open, but it does have). Another thing I found
was I had to significantly increase the memory allotment of all
involved apps, Palm Desktop, NCU, and the weirdly named one, COrgAE2.

A couple of URLs that may help

http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB3d

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2002-06/2425.html

Cheers,