Re: [NTLK] problem syncing Newton with Palm

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 07:52:00 PST

Jeff-

I don't recall whether you're merely trying to transfer data from your Palm to your Newton, or whether you intend to synch them going forward. If it's the former, _and_ you're running OS X, maybe you can export all your data out of Palm Desktop in the form of VCal,VCard, etc., and import them into iCal and Address Book on OS X. Then maybe you can use NewtSynch, I think it's called, to synch the info to the Newton. Of course, that's easy for me to say; I haven't started using NewtSynch yet myself. But it may get too out of your jam.

Good luck-

-Seth

<I tinkered
with different (and lower) memory allocations for well over an hour
and the Palm/Newton synchronization still won't work. I feel like I'm
back on square one on trying to make something that should be simple
work, and it just feels awfully difficult.

Would one solution be to junk Palm Desktop and find an old copy of
Claris Organizer, presumably v2? transfer data from>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html