Re: [NTLK] Need some advice

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 22:43:48 PST

on 05/12/03 01:35, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net wrote:

> on 12/5/03 12:29 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
> wrote:
>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Need some advice
>> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>>
>> On 04/12/03 11:13, "Nathan Turnage" <nturnage_at_andadv.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 1) Are there any financial apps that will let me sinc to modern apps on
>>> my desktop? My bank will allow me to download xxx.qif files with my
>>> info, and I was wondering which apps might make use of these on the
>>> Newt. I was using PocketQuicken, but I need to sinc with my desktop, and
>>> I did not find a way to do that with that app. Am I missing something?
>>> Is PocketMoney worth $40? What does it do that PQ can't?
>>
>> PocketMoney has many advantages over PocketQuicken that are too numerous to
>> list. The best thing is to try it. It can export data as qif files that you
>> can then import in Quicken. I did it for some time and it worked well.
>
> And there is at least one version of the Exchange app that allows
> downloading QIF files to Pocket Money... If you are serious about using your
> Newt for finances, then you need Pocket Money... One other advantage of PM
> over PQ is that PM allows for split transactions. PQ does not. This was one
> of the many, major reasons I chose PM over PQ, although PQ was free and
> already installed on my Newton.

Glad to read something from you, Jon. It seems it's been a while since you
posted something...

-Laurent.

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html