Re: [NTLK] Need some advice

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 22:35:08 PST

on 12/5/03 12:29 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Need some advice
> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>
> On 04/12/03 11:13, "Nathan Turnage" <nturnage_at_andadv.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) Are there any financial apps that will let me sinc to modern apps on
>> my desktop? My bank will allow me to download xxx.qif files with my
>> info, and I was wondering which apps might make use of these on the
>> Newt. I was using PocketQuicken, but I need to sinc with my desktop, and
>> I did not find a way to do that with that app. Am I missing something?
>> Is PocketMoney worth $40? What does it do that PQ can't?
>
> PocketMoney has many advantages over PocketQuicken that are too numerous to
> list. The best thing is to try it. It can export data as qif files that you
> can then import in Quicken. I did it for some time and it worked well.

And there is at least one version of the Exchange app that allows
downloading QIF files to Pocket Money... If you are serious about using your
Newt for finances, then you need Pocket Money... One other advantage of PM
over PQ is that PM allows for split transactions. PQ does not. This was one
of the many, major reasons I chose PM over PQ, although PQ was free and
already installed on my Newton.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland