Re: [NTLK] 130 wanted

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 22:57:21 PST

on 12/4/03 12:09 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Subject: [NTLK] 130 wanted
> From: Woody Smith <woody_at_bitstream.net>
>
> I have been playing with a MP 120 and find it much easier to see than
> my 2100. I would like to have a 130 or 120 with os 2.0. Does anyone
> have one they would like to trade for a powerforce 266 meg G3 card
> compatible with PM 7300, 7500, 8500. I also will include about 120 meg
> ram and 3d accelerator.
> Contact off list
> Woody

Just for the record, the backlit 130's screen is, IMO, only marginally
better than the 2100... Yes, it is more contrasty, but bright it is not.
I've had two, and neither hold a candle to a 120! I was shocked when I saw a
120 again after several years of not seeing one. I only say this so you
won't be shocked if you get a 130 and find it's not as bright and contrasty
as a 120... :-)

P.S. Does this card you have work with PowerComputing's PowerWave series???
If so, I might be interested....
(Hi again folks)

--
-Jon Glass