Re: [NTLK] Backlight fun-replacing backlight

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 06:34:30 PDT

That's perhaps because they're using a blue-green backlight, rather than
the white one in Gert's. According to RS, it is about 50% brighter at an
equivalent freq/voltage than other colours:

Brightness @ 100V, 400Hz
    Blue-green 73cd/m2
    Other colours 50cd/m2

You can look at Item 267-8706 on the RS components website
(www.rs-components.co.uk) The current specs on that page are a little
scary. Maybe the Newton transformer is more efficient. I don't know why
Gert's hums less with a white backlight.

I guess everyone is probably using these Seiko EL sheets, and according to
Marco the Newton transformer is 600hz/110V.

Does anyone have comments on whether white/lower light or green-blue/high
light is better for usability?

Regards,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html