[NTLK] Backlight fun-replacing backlight

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 01:40:53 PDT

Dear All,

I need to replace the backlight in my 2100, and plan to do it early
September. There's a lot of information in the archive, as well as on
PCBMan's website, and I think the actual job should be fine. The Newt's
been apart many times before.

Do those in the know have any hints? I'm planning on using the RS part
(it's readily available here in Denmark), and I heard it used a lot more
power than the original. Any recommendations on colour? Is white the
consensus, or is something else (e.g., red) infinitely easier to read
on? Red would be great for reading maps in the car, but I mainly use mine
for books.

Best regards,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html