Re: [NTLK] Backlight fun-replacing backlight

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 07:13:07 PDT

Since the noise is generated due to the magnetostriction in the little
transformer used for the backlight, this noise is not directly dependent on
the electroluminescent backlight foil used. In case the foil has significant
less capacity the frequency will increase and might go into the ultrasonic
range taht you cannot hear anymore, but in principle the noise will be
there.
In my case I cannot hear any difference between my original Newt and the one
with replaced backlight.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html