Re: [NTLK] Differences between 2100 and upgraded 2000?

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 10:43:38 PDT

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 01:40 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On dinsdag, apr 29, 2003, at 16:49 Europe/Amsterdam, Gert Menke wrote:
>> I see. But it would work with an upgraded mp2k, right?
>
> Yes, it would.
>
> Robert Benschop

On a related note, does anyone know if it is safe to do a full restore
on a 2000 just upgraded (motherboard and OS) to 2001 equivalency by J&K
sales? The back up files I would restore (packages,drivers,
preferences, settings, via NCU) are from a non-upgraded 2000. Or does
the backup write over the relevant portions of the OS, too? Does full
backup/full restore include hwr "learning" of owner's writing style?

Thank you.

Ed Humes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html