Re: [NTLK] NIC for my Powerbook + Newton?

From: TerryFischer_at_BoiseBuilding.com
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 10:59:42 PDT

I have also had this driver, along with some *limited* documentation =
posted on my newtonbook page (scroll way down) for some time. =
http://home.earthlink.net/~newtonbooks/links.html=20
It works great in my PB1400s (8.6 and 9.1) and neither have been reduced =
to smoking rubble either! ;-) 3com 3C589C EtherLink III LAN PC cards =
are cheap and plentiful on eBay and elsewhere.

-Fish

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] NIC for my Powerbook + Newton?

Quoting "E. Male" <mrramsay_at_hotmail.com>:

> Cool. Does anyone know if that hack (where is it, btw?) will work with =
the
> Newt and PB5300CS on OS 7.5.5?

Because so many people asked this, I put it up on UNNA a while ago:

http://www.unna.org/unna/macos/3com3c589patch.sit

I have no idea what it is, how it works, or if it will reduce your =
computer to
a smoking pile of rubble, so search the list archive for more =
information -
it's in there.

--=20

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html