Re: [NTLK] Oronico Cards Question

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 07:08:46 PDT

> I am dense. Is the card being sold currently the correct one for the
> Newton?
>
> Next Question: My laptop predates the Airport card slot. (G3 Lombard)
> Is there
> a way to flash/upgrade without the Airport slot? I have access to an
> iMac Flat
> Panel, but the Lucent card does not look like it will fit in the iMac's
> Airport slot,
> with that built in antenna growth on the card.

 From what I understand, the Airport card is NOT pin compatible with PC
cards and therefore no PC Card can be used in the slot. The "wart"
people are referring to is the antenna of the Gold PC card. The Airport
card uses the antenna built into the slot it plugs into, so it has not
wart and the iMac does not have room in it to allow for the wart. The
updating of the Silver card should be done in the PC card slot on the
Lombard G3, not in the Airport slot.

Anyone care to eleborate?

NAte

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html