[NTLK] Help: My MP 2100 keeps shutting down!

From: txgitarman_at_attbi.com
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 15:21:07 PST

My MP 2100 keeps resetting itself and shutting itself down even when it has
fresh batteries in it. I also was unable to use a rechargeable battery pack
because the Newton recognized it but would not charge the battery. I think the
problem is a wire or circuit board issue. If I press on the case about an inch
(isn't that 2.5 cm?) to the left of the Apple logo while I'm using the Newton,
it shuts down. This happens all the time in normal use or when I put it in my
briefcase. It has become so bad that the Newt is unusable. I actually dis-
assembled the Newton using the PDASoft instructions and poked around but I
could not figure out what to do about it. I have no soldering iron and
absolutely no skills in that area. Has anybody actually had this problem
before? I'd sure like to repair my little green friend if possible, but I only
paid $110 for it (yeah, I'm one of THOSE people). Maybe, I just got what I
paid for. However, I know you guys do amazing things to keep Newtons running.
So, what do you think? The Newton is otherwise in good shape screenwise. It is
missing one of the door clips on the back from a previous mishap.

--
Bill  M.
txgitarman_at_attbi.com