[NTLK] Help: Silence aint bliss!

From: brucelund_at_netspace.net.au
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 21:52:56 PST

I recently purchased a MP 2100 and found upon startup that the sound doesn't
work. I initially thought the volume was set way down but upon moving the
volume slider up and down - no joy!

I have looked for any type of system configuration item that might have been
set that turns off sound but I can't find one, so I'm left to think that this
is a hardware problem.

This could be fixed by the vendor but I live in Australia and the turn-around
time and shipping cost to/from the U.S is nearly prohibitive.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Does anyone have any ideas about how to better diagnose the problem?

Also, the screen contrast is only acceptable if the slider is set to minimum!
any higher and the screen starts to become too dark. I'm worried this might
indicate the screen is on the 'way out'.

regards,

bruce

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html