Re: [NTLK] Help: Silence aint bliss!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 23:57:17 PST

on 02/04/03 00:52, brucelund_at_netspace.net.au at brucelund_at_netspace.net.au
wrote:

> I recently purchased a MP 2100 and found upon startup that the sound doesn't
> work. I initially thought the volume was set way down but upon moving the
> volume slider up and down - no joy!
>
> I have looked for any type of system configuration item that might have been
> set that turns off sound but I can't find one, so I'm left to think that this
> is a hardware problem.
>
> This could be fixed by the vendor but I live in Australia and the turn-around
> time and shipping cost to/from the U.S is nearly prohibitive.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> Does anyone have any ideas about how to better diagnose the problem?

A guy did post about the same problem the other day on comp.sys.newton.misc.
He said he did open the Newton and wriggled all the cables to make sure they
were all properly connected. He put it back and the sound was now working.

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html