Re: [NTLK] More than Inkwell taken from Newton?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 11:54:11 PDT

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Donald Wilson wrote:

> "You're changing a recurring event. Do you wish to change only this
> occurence of the event, or all occurences?" Only This Event....All
>
> "This is a repeating meeting. Change this meeting, or this and future
> meetings?" Only this....All Future
>
> I'm sure you can tell which is from tne Newton (a 130 in this case)..
> the other is taken from iCal, which Apple released today.
>
> And operation of the calendar is actually very much like the Newton,
> in many respects. Is Apple stripping as much tech out of the Newton as
> they can?

More likely, since iCal implements vCalendar under the hood
(vCard/vCalendar is under SyncML), these dialogs are necessary because
vCalendar happens to store repeating meetings in a very similar way as the
Newton (a single record, with bits indicating repetition and frequency of
repetition).

What can I say, I subscribe to the principle of Occam's Razor.

Of course, if the dialog has squiggly lines around it, we might have more
evidence :)

(Occam's Razor for those who don't know:
http://www.weburbia.com/physics/occam.html )