Re: [NTLK] [ANN] WikiWikiNewt

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 09:41:40 PDT

Victor wrote:
> I guess MySQL is just really slow for some reason. I'm using=20
> phpWiki, so I really have no idea.

        I've tried using phpWiki, and found that it's pretty slow. I've
since converted to WikkiTikkiTavi (http://tavi.sourceforge.net/), which
is another PHP-based wiki. It's much faster (about 3-5 times faster,
according to some timed tests I ran), and has some interesting macros.
The NewtWiki site (http://www.narcosislabs.org/NewtWiki/) is running on
it.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 133:
If I find my beautiful consort with access to my fortress has been
associating with the hero, I'll have her executed. It's regrettable, but
new consorts are easier to get than new fortresses and maybe the next
one will pay attention at the orientation meeting.