Re: [NTLK] [ANN] WikiWikiNewt

From: Alexander Schreiber (als_at_thangorodrim.de)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:17:57 PDT

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:41:40AM -0700, Jim Anderson wrote:

> Victor wrote:
> > I guess MySQL is just really slow for some reason. I'm using=20
> > phpWiki, so I really have no idea.
>
> I've tried using phpWiki, and found that it's pretty slow. I've
> since converted to WikkiTikkiTavi (http://tavi.sourceforge.net/), which
> is another PHP-based wiki. It's much faster (about 3-5 times faster,
> according to some timed tests I ran), and has some interesting macros.
> The NewtWiki site (http://www.narcosislabs.org/NewtWiki/) is running on
> it.

You might want to have a look a TWiki. It has version control (uses
RCS at the core as storage) - nice for looking at changes, has optional
user authentication and permission management, can handle attachments
and is rather quick (Perl based). I've deployed it at my employer as
a central knowledge base and it works very good.

http://TWiki.org/

Regards,
      Alex.

 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison