Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 12:46:05 PDT

Ferdi Ozguner <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:

> My post was simply an attempt to caution those who were
> considering a purchase from GEM.

   I would say one should use caution in ANY eBay purchase. eBay even recommends caution.
   In my opinion, all potential buyers should, at least, do the following:
   1. Read the ENTIRE description carefully.
   2. Ask the seller any questions you have.
   3. If you still have any doubts or your questions haven't been answered to your satisfaction, DON'T BUY!
   4. Keep a copy of the description and any correspondence with the seller in case you have issues when the product arrives. You will at least have some ammunition to back up your complaint.

Peter