[NTLK] Looking for spec of (probably) a fuse

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 12:42:14 PDT

Hi folks,

may I tap the brains of those of you who know something
about hardware? I am currently fixing an ac adapter. There
is a component I bet is a fuse which is dead, but I seem to
be unable to find out which value this thing has. It is
green,
about 11 millimeters long and 4.8 millimeters in diameter.
It is labeled "51RJ". The manufacturer's label is a circle
with a
horizontal line through the middle and two small vertical
lines
from the top and the bottom. A bit like that:

  /---,---\
-|--------|-
  \---'---/

Considering the adapter rating it would make sense if it was
50 mA fuse. Maybe 51 means "5 and one time 0").
Does anyone know if it is a fuse (it must be) and which
value
it has mA- and speedwise? Any pointers much appreciated.
Please cc to my address as I'm on the digest.

Thanks a lot

Frank

 -- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de