Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:19:21 PDT

Hey! I read your message. Still, there are many more satisfied customers than unsatisfied ones as evidenced by the
score. As I said, I am not affiliated with GEM and HAVE been on this list long enough to see that certain people have
had problems.

And I really have no problem with you pointing this fact out.

I DO question your need to kick GEM between the legs (figuratively speaking) and in the next sentence advertise your
service. Tacky, tacky, tacky!

> Im sure that some people have had good dealings with them but
> i can tell you
> with all honesty that their feedback rating on ebay does not reflect
> reality. Another point to mention is that once a sellers
> feedback dips
> below 98% they lose their powerseller status.

This might be so. Who knows? How many people have contacted you on this point?
10? 20? 50? 100?

> Its always clear to see sellers on ebay to get as much money
> as they can out
> of their customer. Its interesting to see that GEM doubles
> SHIPPING prices
> (which are already too high if you ask me) when shipping
> internationally. I
> ship internationally all the time, it costs me no more and in
> some cases
> less than shipping domestically.

Oh grow up! Do some sellers inflate prices - absolutely! However, everyone I have dealt with didn't. Why? Because I read
the fine print first.

> I would ask that this conversation ends here as there are
> many new to the
> newton platform that would much rather spend their time
> getting help with
> their questions. My post was simply an attempt to caution
> those who were
> considering a purchase from GEM.

Well you can ask...

...but your post was more than an attempt to caution, it was an advertisement for your services. And as for there being
many new to the platform, it is useful for them to know who you are.

> In the future Mr PCBMAN if you have a tip, save it from the
> list and just
> email me please.

And, in the future, Mr. OZGUNER, as long as you continue to post your requests to a public forum, I will do likewise. If
I have said anything that is untrue, then please correct me.

> Regards
> Ferdi

Regards,

PCBman