Re: [NTLK] Best battery tester? And funny battery behavior

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 02:13:15 EST

What you need is to keep the contacts clean.
If the problem still persists, the contact pressure of the contacts from the
Newt towards the battery tray may be too low.
If the tray easily comes out the main contact spring seems to be ok.
You can also feel the contact force of this spring while inserting the tray
slowly.
But there is another contact needed and this might be the problem.
But to clean and adjust it you need to open your Newt.

The best way to check the status of non-rechargeables is to load them with a
resistor and to measure the current.
But if you insert fresh batteries the Newt is good enough to indicate the
battery charge (in this case all cells will have a similar status).

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html