Re: [NTLK] Is any one going to bid on the WALT tablet?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 04:16:15 EDT

on 10/25/02 11:09 PM, Richard Brauer at rbrauer_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> And, of course, there's the timing. IIRC, the OMP came out in 8/93. If
> this is copyright '93, it seems really fast to have inked a deal with
> BellSouth to develop a NewtonOS based machine. Seems more likely that
> they would have used something like a modified PowerBook design with
> some touchscreen additions. The wiring of the stylus and the button
> would suggest that the touchscreen isn't very advanced.

My guess is that it was a prototype that, for the sake of quickly showing
what was possible, was based on the MacOS. Once the concept was fleshed out,
the would then write it using the Newton OS. It does look too much like my
Duos... (including the power supply) I wonder if this thing could boot from
a hard drive?

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry