Re: [NTLK] Flash cards and errors -10551/-10607

From: Francois Baligant (newtontalk_at_nikita.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 12:58:55 EDT

   It didn't work any better.. Still message -10607 even when formatting
    from the Prefs.

    I took a deeper look at the Flash card using a Cisco 1600 router :

4096K bytes of processor board PCMCIA flash (Read/Write)

   Chip Bank Code Size Name
    1 1 89A0 2048KB INTEL 28F016SA
    1 2 89A0 2048KB INTEL 28F016SA

    (please notice the card is listed as Read/Write)

    Intel Serie II 28F016SA happend to be the chip used by Pretec as well:

http://www.pretec.com/index2/product/SSD/FR2.htm

    and this card is listed as Newton compatible on that webpage.

    Could this be that because the card was used in a Cisco router before,
    the newton can't format it ? Would formatting the card before in a PC
    help ?

    regards,
    Francois