[NTLK] Newton compatable cellphones

From: The Coffee Fiend (javabean_at_jasnetworks.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 21:22:22 EDT

Ok, I've gotten my newton 2100 functioning well now and syncing with
both Winblows and my mac 1400c laptop. Now I'm looking for a new
cellphone and cell phone carrier. I would like to go with T-mobile, but
none of the cell phones that they offer seem to be compatable with even
a mac laptop.

Can anyone suggest Cell phones that will work on the T-mobile
(previously known as Voicestream) service, AND work with preferabily
both my Macintosh PB 1400c AND the newton (both seem to have similar
compatability when it comes to PCMCIA cards). Also the powerbook uses
the same serial port as the newton (mini-din) so a phone that would work
with either a pcmcia card or serial would be a godsend.

Finally, just out of curiosity is there a SMS messaging program for the
newton for use across the IrDA?

Thanks for all your help so far.