Re: [NTLK] D-Link DWL-650 Follow Up

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 17:22:06 EDT

On 01/10/02 16:22, "Russell Martin" <abecedarian_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I've got the Newton Devices package installed. This was the one that the
> 802.11b WaveLAN package mentioned by name when it wasn't installed. Which
> other drivers/packages do I need to install for the Newt to recognize the
> card? When I insert the card, nothing happens, and if I click on the Card app,
> it reports that there are no cards inserted (the only card physically inserted
> is the DWL-650).

You need almost *all* packages that are part of Newton Internet Enabler.
Then, you obviously need the wireless driver. Make sure they are on your
internal memory. Then, reboot your Newton so that all packages are properly
loaded.

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.