Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 CD

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 16:06:29 EDT

I don't know about a cable with a built-in dongle, but why not put the
dongleinside the Newton? I installed the David Humphreys serial adapter in
my2100 last night. It took all of 30 minutes to install. Now I don't have a
heavy dongle brick putting torque on the factory I/O port.

http://members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/SER-001.htm[1]

Apple should have made the Newtons like this in the beginning.

JM

>From: Polenta Marco >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To:
"'newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net'" >Subject: [NTLK] Newton 2100 CD >Date: Fri, 24
May 2002 15:13:02 +0200 >>>Hello everyone, >I just got on eBay my new MP2100
with a 4MB card from mr2ndhand. >Wow! the MP is brand new! Even the battery
pack is absolutely new! >And I paid for it just 135 USD! >Ok, Ok, it isn't
inthe original package, there isn't any software (but who >cares? I still
have my old MP2000), the power adapter is incomplete (it >lacks the european
plug adapter - 3 Euros in the shop around the corner) and >the connection
cable is for PC only (I'm a Mac user). >Anyway, here is the question: where
can I find the MP2100 CD to download? I >tryed on the Apple website, and at
unna.org, but it seems it disappeared >(I'm almost sure I saw it on unna).
>Can you help me? >>TIA >Marco >Proud Newton user since 1997 >>PS: the PC
connection cable has a built in dongle adapter... does a similar >cable
existfor mac? I lost my first dongle adapter on an airplain to >Ecuador (I'm
a biologist), so I bought two of them for 25 Euro each, but >it's not nice
toalways risk to lose them. >>-- >Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html >Read the Newton FAQ:
http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ >This is the NewtonTalk

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[2]

--- Links ---
   1 http://members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/SER-001.htm
   2 'http://g.msn.com/1HM305401/45'