Re: [NTLK] Wavelan Beta Works!

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 16:04:59 EDT

OK - have tested and found that MY CARD, namely the Lucent Orinoco
Silver P/N 012938/E ONLY works if you have both alpha and beta
installed and set as channel 11 to network "Newton". You may be right
that the card is using the alpha, but I can't get it to work with
only the alpha installed. It looks like what is happening is that the
beta is providing the setup and the alpha is doing the work. Since
people have been struggling to find the older Lucent WaveLAN cards,
it should be of interest to some that you can go ahead and buy the
current Orinoco Silver card and use it this way.

In other words my post should have been "Orinoco Silver Works! with
the help of the beta". Perhaps my excitement at finally getting this
working got the better of me.