Re: [NTLK] Backlight lifetime question

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 14:34:20 EDT

> Will the backlight eventually wear out _completely_, in other
> words, no
> longer emit any light at all?

Unlikely. Life of the backlight is measured as half-life.
That is to say the brightness will be reduced by half
every, say, ~5000hrs. So ~10000hrs will be half again, ~15000hrs
half again etc. etc.

There will be a point when the light output is not useful
anymore but this will be many years down the road with normal
use.

> Or will it always continue to provide some sort of
> illumination, enough
> to view the screen indoors?

My MP130 is 6 years old. It still has an acceptable brightness
of light.

> If the former, I will be more judicious about my backlight usage. If
> the latter, full-speed ahead!

Full-speed ahead Steven!

Regards,

PCBman