Re: [NTLK] Can I keep my cards inserted all the time?

From: Rich Lindsay (rich_at_www.thisoldnewt.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 07:27:37 EDT

On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 11:15 AM, Luiz Petroni wrote:

> Are cards on Newton hot-swapable? Can I eject a memory card and insert
> another without having to turn the newton off/on (of course I will not
> be
> running any program that is stored in the efected card)?

If you get a small utility called card eject you can do this ..kinda.

> If I sync with desktop mac with one memory card inserted in my Newton
> and
> then replace this card with another and sync again will this raise an
> error
> message? Will I lost any info? I'm asking this because in my first sync
> with
> desktop after I've inserted a memory card a slip popup in Newton saying
> that
> if I changed the card I will have problems when I sync again.

You musthave named the cards diferently. Then this will work

Keep the Green(tm)
Rich Lindsay
This Old Newt
Home of the Newton Price Guide, Newton WebRing, Monthly Interviews, Son
of Ultimate Links Collection, Searchable FAQ . Newtons Rule!!